Contact: +234 809 888 5556
Welcome to your Civil Litigation
The Chief Registrar of the High Court of the federal Capital Territory directed allexterns at the Court to read the scenario and answer the questions below;Mr Fry commenced an action at the federal Capital Territory High Court , for therecovery of the sum of ₦3,000,000 (three million naira) from Peoples FinanceLimited.Answer the following questions:1. The suit will be assigned to a Judge by one of these:
2. As Extern you were asked to give an opinion on the quickest procedure you will adopt to obtain judgement in the case and your answer will be:
3. When you observed proceeding on the day he matter was listed formention in Court 4 Federal Capital Territory High Court one of thefollowing was true
While on externship at the High Court of Federal Capital Territory Adamu Aboyinuwho seeks to sue Joe Jack a resident of the Gwagwalada Area Council, Abujabrought before the Process Registrar, Federal Capital Territory High Court, thefollowing documents; Writs of Summons, Statement of Claim, Witness Statement onOath, Copies of documents to rely on and Certificate of pre-action Counselling, Butthe Registrar insisted that a condition precedent to the issuance of the writ has notbeen fulfilled4. That condition is
5. When the writ is issued which officer of the Court shall ensure that the process get to Joe Jack
6. When Joe Jack is served with the processes, the first step he would take is
On the third day of your externship programme at the Lagos State High Court presided by Hon. Justice Kola, Mr Tolani Usman Counsel to the 7________ moved a 8_________to attach the money belonging to the 9__________ with First Bank Plc. The Judge while granting the application issued 10_____________ to be served on the 11______________
Use the appropriate answer to fill in the blank spaces in the above case study7.
Mr Agu has been announced winner of the East American Lottery that took place. He has the title documents to Late Mr Kolawole’s house in Ibadan. Mr Kolawle died intestate and the children of the deceased (Victor 39, and Emma 35) are still in the process of obtaining Letters of Administration. Meanwhile, each of the two sons are persistently disturbing him (Mr Agu) to give it to them. He is therefore confused as to whom to deliver this document to as he does not want to pass it to the wrong person and neither does he want to continue to hold on to it. He has approached the Court to decide on who to deliver the document to
Now answer the questions that follow:
13. As Mr Agu’s Lawyer, what shall you advise him to do with the document?
14. One of the following is not an essential fact for Mr Agu to state in his supportind affidavit
15. Assuming both Victor and Emma have gone to Court regarding this matter, what steps can be taken to prevent Mr Agu from giving it to either of the parties
16. Assuming that the Court makes an order that the documents be given to Emma within how many days does Victor has to appeal?
The High Court of Lagos State declined jurisdiction in a suit filed by Social Rights Initiative (NGO) and two other persons against the Attorney General of the Federation and the Central Bank of Nigeria challenging the Federal Government decision to change the One thousand naira note to coin.
18. The ruling in the above case is regarded in Law as :
19. Assuming in the above ruling the court has assumed Jurisdiction, it would be regarded as:
20. The principle for grant of an injunction does not include:
21. A Defendant served with a writ outside Jurisdiction is given at least
In which Court will you institute the action
23. if a party is evading service of Court processes he is served by any of the following means?
24. All but one of the following is incorrect
Nnamdi and Sanni are customers of Star Bank plc. The Bank gave a loan of ₦50 million to Nnamdi which loan was guaranteed by Sanni. Nnamdi has now defaulted in repaying the loan and the Bank has decided to sue Sanni who the Bank belives is more financially buoyant and in a position to pay.
26. if Sanni intends to claim indemnity against Nnamdi in the same action instituted by the Bank Against Sanni, the proper step is for Sanni to apply for:
27. Assuming Nnamdi’s wife is joined as co-defendant in the suit by the Bank, which of the steps can she properly take?
John filed a suit under the undefended list procedure against Peter. On the 20th of April 2011, the matter came up for the first time while the Court was sitting but before the matter was called, Counsel to Peter sent a message to John’s Counsel informing him that he is on his way to Court having been delayed by a flat tyre.
Answer the following questions
29. What application will Counsel to John make to the Court in view of the text messages?
Miss B.B Slim was sued by is Dora Brown in the High Court of FCT Abuja, over a piece of land situate at Asokoro District, Abuja. After the service of the process on the defendant, she was involved in a fatal accident which led to her being hospitalized for three months. After her discharge from the hospital, she engaged a counsel to represent her in Court
31. What are the processes the defendant needs to file to defend this suit?
32. Since the defendant was unable to file the necessary papers required of her under rules within time, the plaintiff is entitled to:
33. The defendant is required by law to file her statement of defence after the statement of claim is filed on her within a period of
34.___________ deals with enforcement of judgement and orders service and execution of civil processes of Court
35. Assuming the Attorney General of Ekiti state wants to institute an action against the federal government seeking a declaration that the proclamation of the state of emergency is inconsistent with the constitution thus null and viod, which will have jurisdiction
36. Assuming the governor wants to challenge the validity of the election of a member of the state House of Assembly, which Court has jurisdiction
37. Assuming the Governor wants to institute an action against the EFCC from arresting him which court would he institute the action
38. The purpose of the _________ notice would enable the person or agency that is to be sued to decide what tozgarding the matter that is whether it should negotiate compromise or contest the matter in Court
he Chief Registrar of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory directed all Externs at the Court to read the Scenario and answer the questions below:
Mr Fry commenced an action at the Federal Capital Territory High Court, for the recovery of the sum of ₦3,000,000.00 (three million naira) from the Peoples Finance Limited.
40. As an extern you were asked to give an opinion on the quickest procedure u will adopt to obtain judgement in the case: and your answer will be
41.The service of originating processes may only be validly made
Engr. Obatola Komolafe engaged the services of Braimoh & Associate where you are an extern, to claim damages of ₦10,000,000.00 from Kamaradarie Nursery and primary School, Ikeja, Lagos which is registered under part c of the Companies and Allied Matters Act. The School bus had negligently knocked down Engr. Obatola’s son (9 years old) Dike on his way back from school and he sustained injuries
43. Any judgement obtained against a person who was not served with the processes is __________________
44. When a court is said to lack the ability to hear a case it means the court lacks__________
45. The legal right of a party in an action to be heard in litigation before a court or tribunal is __________
46.Bose Anifalaje and Victoria Kalejaye entered into a contract in Enugu and to be performed in Enugu which of the following Courts has jurisdiction to hear the matter
47. The Supreme Court of Nigeria consists of _______ judges
48. The correct party in an action by or against the Federal Government is_____________
49. The original jurisdiction of the Court of Appeal includes the following except
50. If all the parties to civil action in the course of proceedings seeks an adjournment to settle their dispute out of Court, they will need to file and adopt in Court
51.The phrase the judgement is against the weight of evidence is applicable
Mr bello bought a jeep and took a comprehensive insurance cover with Dantata insurance Company. On the 11th March 2016, Mr Dele was driving along the busy Ikeja high way, Lagos when Mrs Bello who was driving under the influence of alcohol ran into Mr Dele’s car beyond repairs. Mr Dele filed an action at the Lagos State high Court claiming damages against Mr Bello. Answer the following questions
54. The matters may be considered by the court at the case management conference except
55. At the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory
56. The following are types of parties in an action except
57. A statement of claim shall contain the following except
58.The following are modes of commencing civil proceedings in a High Court except
59. The procedure for commencing civil proceedings in a Magistrate Court include
60.what is the proper mode of annoying appearance in Court
61.The list which the cases of the day is written and kept with the registrar is known as
62. The seat reserved for lawyers in the Court is known as
63.When a party is evading service the best mode of service is through
64.When the writ is issued which officer of the court is entitled to serve processes
66. A subpoena shall remain in force from the date of issue until
67.Documents can be tendered by the Counsel to the court
68. A witness can tender documents to the Court
69. when documents are filed in court what fees are paid
70. which of the following persons can sign a document to be filed
71. Factors that affect jurisdiction include all but the following
72.The following parties can raise the issue of jurisdiction except
73. A judgement delivered by a Court without jurisdiction is
74. The number of justices in the Court of Appeal shall be
75. When a matter is coming up for the first time in a court it is said to be coming up for
The School bus of Queensland Group of School negligently knocked down Ben Chibuzor, a 9 year old boy, the son of the prominent Chief Obi in town. Chief Obi has gone to court to claim damages of N10,000,000.00 from Queensland Group of School. Ben has been called as a witness in the matter to testify against Queensland Group of School. However, Queensland Group of School brought one of the teachers who merely listened to the narration of the driver as a witness in the matter.
77. What kind of witness is Ben if he is unable to understand the duty of speaking the truth?
78. What kind of evidence would the teacher give in the courtroom as to what happened exactly?
79. What mode of originating process would you advise the plaintiff to bring in this case?
One of the cases that came up for trial before the Lagos State High Court during the externship programme was the suit between Dolapo Dipo and Sola Supo. After the case had been called by ------(80) and counsel announced their -------- (81), claimant’s counsel opened with the examination-in-chief of his sole witness. As the only documentary evidence by the claimant had previously been agreed ----- (82), counsel tendered the document ------ (83). During the cross examination of the clamant’s witness, the defence counsel mostly adopted ------ (84). At the conclusion of the claimant’s case, defence counsel informed the court that he would be resting his case on that of the claimant. The court then ordered ----- (85) to file written address within the next 21 days.
86. Which party has the right to reply on point of law?
87. When does a judgment take effect?
90. You accompanied the Head of the Law Firm to a Case Management Conference at the High Court Lagos State. The Head of the Law Firm was the claimant’s counsel but neither the defendant nor his counsel was present. There was also no letter to the court to explain the reason for their absence. Which of the under listed is the most appropriate option for the judge to adopt in accordance with the rules?
91. All but one of the following must be contained in pleadings:
92. Where it is obvious that the other party has no reasonable defence to the cause of action, the appropriate procedure to come by is
93. If all the parties to a civil action in the course of proceedings seek an adjournment to settle their dispute out of court, they will need to file and adopt in court:
94. The best means to recover possession from a tenant against whom the court has made an order of recovery of possession is
95. The phrase “the judgment is against the weight of evidence” is only applicable:
On August 7, 2017, Mr. Stone gave a cheque for the amount of 50,000,000.00 NGN (Fifty million naira) to Planwell (Nig.) Ltd, as payment for sundry service rendered. Two days later, Mr. Stone got a call from his bank, Greatness Bank Plc, seeking clarification or confirmation whether the cheque should be honoured to which Mr. Stone answered in the affirmative. The Bank official did not properly understand Mr Stone and therefore declined payment. Planwell (Nig) Ltd, through its counsel, S.T. Jangbala Esq. commenced an action by Originating Motion, seeking payment of the said sum. The action is before the Lagos High Court. Answer the following questions:
97. Assuming the action was commenced by writ of summons, what would you advise Mr. Stone to do in respect of the bank?
98. Based on your answer above, which of the following will you not depose to in your supporting affidavit?
99. If the action was properly commenced, which of these will Mr. Stone’s counsel not file in response?
100. Which of the following orders is the Judge not likely to make on the day of hearing of this case?
101. For an applicant to succed in his quest for consolidation of suits, he must show the following except:
102. A higher degree of proof is required in civil cases in situations:
103. Mr. Stephen commenced an action at the Federal Capital Territory High Court for the recovery of the sum of 3,000,000.00 (Three Million Naira) from Peoples’ Finance Limited. As a Counsel to Mr. Stephen, what is the quickest procedure to obtain judgment in the case?
104. When a defendant is served with a court process, the first step he would take is to:
105. If the defendant faults to take the first step above:
At the Lagos State High Court, Counsel to the ---------- (106) moved a ------------------ (107) to attach the money belonging to the ………………………….. (108) with First Bank Plc. The Judge while granting the application issued ------------ (109) to be served on -------------(110).
111. The purpose of cross-examination include the following except:
112. A written address shall contain the following except:
During hearing in a civil matter, the following conversation occurred:
Lateef Okoye Esq: You are Smith Okonkwo of No.6 Federal Road, Abuja, a Civil Servant, isn’t it?
Abubakar Daramola Esq: Objection milord! That is leading
Trial Judge: Objection overruled. Witness answer the question.
Smith Okonkowo: Yes milord
Lateef Okoye Esq: Do you remember making a statement on oath in respect of this mater?
Smith Okonkwo: Yes I do
Lateef Okoye Esq: Pleasee take a look at this statement and tell this honourable court whether or not this was the statment made by you on oath.
Smith Okonkwo: Yes milord. This is the statement I made.
Lateef Okoye Esq,: Wahat do you want this Honourable Court to do with this statement you made?
Smith Okonkwo: You are my lawyer. Do whatever you think is right with it.
114. What do you think of the ruling of the trial urge on the objection released by Abubakar Daramola Esq?
115. Who is likely to conduct a re-examination from the passage above?
116. If you were Lateef Okoye Esq, what would you urge the court in favour of my cleint, who seems not to know what to do with his statement on oath?
117. Based on your answer above, what will Abubakar Daramola Esq do if the learned trial judge granted your applications?
118. The court shall deliver its decision not later than ------ days after the conclusion of evidence and final written addressses:
119. The following are the officers responsible for the execution or emforcementof judgments except one
120. What is the fastest procedure under the Abuja Civil Procedue Rules that is used for recovery of debt or liquidated money demand?
121. The following are the documents to file under the Undefended List Procedure:
122. Where the Defendant wishes to defend under the Undefended List Procedure, he must file his Notice of Intention to Defend within how many days?
123. Mr. Hilton needs the Manager of Pacesetters Ltd to come to court and tender certain documents in his possession as evidence in the matter. Howeer, the Manager is proving stubborn and he has gone to court to seek help. What sub poena should he seek from the court?
124. Assuming Mr. Hilton needs the Manager to tender documents and testify, waht sub poena would he seek from the court?
125. Failure to obey a subpoena would require what form of execution of judgment?
126. What is the lifespan of a subpoena?
127. Leading questions can be asked in the following instances except
128. Where the defendant in a matter defaults in certain rules of procedure like entering of appearance and filing his defence, the plaintiff can ask the court to enter judgment in his favour. What kind of judgment would he be given by the court?
129. The time within which to appeal against a final judgment is -----
130. The time within which to appeal against an interlocutory judgment is ----
1. A judgement can be said to be delivered within time when_______________
2. Which of the following days can a judgement not be delivered
3. A Court becomes ___________ once judgement is delivered
4. The following are types of judgement except
5. Which of the following is a method of enforcement of Judgement
6. All but one are officers responsible for the execution and enforcement of judgement in Nigeria except
7. The phrase “the judgement is against the weight of evidence” is only applicable
On the third day of your externship programme at the Lagos State High Court presided over by Hon Justice Kola, Mr Tolani Usman, Counsel to the 8 _____________ moved a 9 _________to attach the one belonging to the 10_______________ with First Bank Plc. The Judge while granting the application issued 11____________ to be served on 12______________
Select the appropriate answer to fill in the above case study
Mr Atanga Bulus was a judgement debtor in a declaratory judgement before the Lagos High Court dissatisfied with the judgement he filed (13) ________________ at the (14)_____________ he wanted the status quo to be maintained pending the appeal and subsequently filed an application for (15)_____________ before (16)_____________ the judgement creditor opposed the application by filing (17)___________13.
18. How long after the attachment of the property should the judgement creditor pray for before the property is sold?
In the course of your Court attachment Hon. Justice Temple White in whose Court you were attached to asked the externs the following questions
20. The jurisdiction for recovery of premises in Lagos state is vested in which Court?
21. Which of the following persons has the right to issue quite notice?
22. What is the statutory provision for the number of months to be given to a quarterly tenant?
23. The following are processes of recovering of premises except?
24. Who are those who have the right to appeal?
25. Which of the following decisions need leave to appeal?
26. An appeal that is required to be as of leave and is filed without it shall be
27. Time within which to file an interlocutory appeal is within?
28. Time within which to file appeal for a final judgement is within?
29. An appeal is commenced at the Court of Appeal by the appellant by filing a notice of Appeal where?
30. The trinity prayers include the following except
31. A notice of appeal without grounds of appeal is _____________
32. The following are characteristics of a valid judgement except?
33. A court can set aside its own decisions suo moto or on applications on the following grounds except
34. A default judgement is given in the _____________
35. A default judgement is a judgement
36. The following are types of pleadings except
37. The followings are types of injunctions except
The Chief Registrar of the High Court of the federal Capital Territory directed all externs at the Court to read the scenario and answer the questions below;
Mr Fry commenced an action at the federal Capital Territory High Court , for the recovery of the sum of ₦3,000,000 (three million naira) from Peoples Finance Limited.
Answer the following questions:
39. As Extern you were asked to give an opinion on the quickest procedure you will adopt to obtain judgement in the case and your answer will be:
40. When you observed proceeding on the day The matter was listed for mention in Court 4 Federal Capital Territory High Court one of the following was true
While on externship at the High Court of Federal Capital Territory Adamu Aboyinu who seeks to sue Joe Jack a resident of the Gwagwalada Area Council, Abuja brought before the Process Registrar, Federal Capital Territory High Court, the following documents; Writs of Summons, Statement of Claim, Witness Statement on Oath, Copies of documents to rely on and Certificate of pre-action Counselling, But the Registrar insisted that a condition precedent to the issuance of the writ has not been fulfilled
42. When the writ is issued which officer of the Court shall ensure that the process get to Joe Jack
On the third day of your externship programme at the Lagos State High Court presided by Hon. Justice Kola, Mr Tolani Usman Counsel to the 43________ moved a 44_________to attach the money belonging to the 45__________ with First Bank Plc. The Judge while granting the application issued 46_____________ to be served on the 47______________
Use the appropriate answer to fill in the blank spaces in the above case study43.
49. As Mr Agu’s Lawyer, what shall you advise him to do with the document?
50. Assuming both Victor and Emma have gone to Court regarding this matter, what steps can be taken to prevent Mr Agu from giving it to either of the parties
52. Leading questions can be asked in the following instances except
53.What is the most suitable way for a counsel to announce appearance
54. Where the defendant in a matter defaults in certain rules of procedure like entering of appearance and filing his defence, the plaintiff can ask the Court to enter judgement in his favour what kind of judgement would be given by the Court
55. failure to obey a subpoena would require what form of execution of judgement?
56.The mode of enforcing judgement for the sale of moveable and immoveable properties is known as ___________
57. The mode of enforcement of money judgement is known as __________
58. The answer in the above question is commenced by what mode
59. What application is meant to suspend the proceedings before the court pending the determination of an interlocutory appeal
60. The mode of applying for the application in the answer above is _______
62. An application brought by a judgement debtor to preserve the res pending appeal is known as ________________
63. the answer to the above question is instituted by ____________
64. under what ground can a marriage be dissolved?
65.the party instituting the dissolution of the marriage is known as _____________
66. An election petition is to be brought within how many days of declaration of results of the election
67. the respondent in an election petition has how many days to file a reply?
68. A judicial review that challenges the legality of an applicant’s detention is _____________
69.the following are contents of 7 days’ notice of intention to recover possession except
70. the document filed by the party in response to the petition in a divorce proceeding is called_____________
72.The following parties can raise the issue of jurisdiction except
75. When a matter is coming up for the first time in a court it is said to be coming up for
76. Miss Katherine is a tenant in the property belonging to Late Chief Eze under a yearly tenancy which commenced on 1st February 2011. After the death of Chief Eze, his two wives and 6 children are fighting over the rightful person to collect the rents. Miss Katherine is in a dilemma as to the rightful person to pay to. What step is appropriate to take?
78. The courts and special tribunals empowered to hear election petitions include the following except:
79. The sole ground for dissolution of marriage under the Matrimonial Causes Act is:
80. Mr. Agbeko’s employer terminated his employment and Mr. Agbeko has decided to institute an action in court for wrongful termination of employment. What court has the jurisdiction to hear and determine this matter?
81. If a party is evading service of court process, he can be served by any of the following means:
82. While a tenant can maintain an action in trespass against the landlord, a licensee has no such right of action. This is because of the sole ingredient of:
Chief Kayode and Dr. Mohammed were the candidates at the last election conducted at the Karole Central Senatorial District to fill the vacancy created by the demise of the Senator representing the district. Chief Kayode contested on the platform of The Democratic Party while Dr. Mohammed contested on the platform of Peace Party. The result was declared on 31st July 2018 wherein Dr. Mohammed was declared the winner. Now answer the following questions:
84. The Petitioner in the above case must file all but one of the following documents along with his petition:
85. Bimpe and Kayode have been courting for 7 years now and they have decided to celebrate their marriage in a big way. They conducted their marriage at Sanctuary Assembly and booked the biggest hall for their reception. Their wedding was one in town. What kind of marriage did they conduct?
Mr. Akpan was beaten by some policemen at a roadblock along Abuja-Maraba Road to a state of unconsciousness for his refusal to switch on the inner light of his car. Mr. Akpan was abandoned at the roadblock without the police making effort to take him to the hospital. After he regained consciousness, Mr. Akpan is contemplating instituting an action in Court for the enforcement of his fundamental rights.
87. Within what time limit should Mr. Akpan commence his action?
88. Within what time is the Respondent expected to respond to the application?
89. What possible breach of fundamental right can the applicant claim?
Nonso and Ahmed are customers of Bright Bank Plc. The Bank gave a loan of N50 million to Nonso which loan was guaranteed by Ahmed. Nonso has now defaulted in repaying the loan and the Bank has decided to sue Sanni who the Bank believes is more financially buoyant and in a position to pay.
94. Before which Court or tribunal will you commence proceedings for recovery of the premises where the rent is N11 million per annum?
95. The most appropriate mode of enforcing the judgement in this case will be by -------
96. One of these is not a ground for a decree of nullity of a void marriage
Chief Mikairu Adisa is the Landlord of No 1, Adisa Close, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos. The property consists of a block of 4 units of 5 bedroom flats. Though Chief Mikairu was married to Madam Bola under the Yoruba Native Law and Custom but the marriage produced no child. Chief Mikairu therefore got married to Shola on whose insistence the marriage was conducted at the Marriage Registry, Ikoyi, Lagos. In order to satisfy Chief’s quest fir a child, and realizing that he may be suffering from infertility, Shola entered into a secret relationship with Segun, one of the Tenants in one of the flats. Segun’s yearly tenancy commenced on the 1st of January, 2016. His rent was N5 Million per annum although he is in arrears of rent for the past 4 years. Chief has just discovered the relationship between Shola and Segun and he has decided to evict Segun and send away Shola legally.
98. Which of the following documents will not be necessary to accompany the originating process?
99. Assuming the original of the marriage certificate issued to Chief Mikairu and Shola is lost, how can the marriage between them be proved before the court?
100. Which of the following is true about the termination of Segun’s tenancy?
101. Before which court can proceedings to evict Segun from the flat be commenced?
On the third day of your court externship programme at the Lagos State High Court presided over by Hon. Justice Kola, Mr. Tolani Usman, Counsel to the ---(102)---- moved a ------(103)----- to attach the money belonging to the -----(104)------ with First Bank Plc. The Judge while granting the application issued ------(105)---- to be served on -----(106)-----------.
Select the most appropriate answer to fill in the gaps in the above case study.
108. The service of originating processes may only be validly made:
109. A petition for a decree of restitution of conjugal rights can be seen in:
110. Prohibited degrees of consanguinity are as follows except:
At exactly 9.00 am, the Honourable Justice Barbara Schoolberg commenced sitting. After a brief exchange of pleasantries with members of the Bar, she ordered the Court Registrar to call the first case on the ----(111)-------. It was -------(112)------- for interlocutory injunction. The ------ (113)------- was absent as he had served within the processes. The matter was therefore -----(114------.
Complete the answer supplied by a field supervisor to an extern’s question, on the steps he took to draft and file the originating process, in an action, for defamation in the High Court of Lagos State in which judgment was entered in favour of his client.
Upon receiving instructions to commence the action at the High Court of Lagos State, I prepared the Writ of Summons together with the accompanying documents. It must be noted that the Writ must, aside from other endorsements, contain the reliefs sought. The ------(115)-------- which contains material allegations of the claimant must _____(116)------ the defamatory words. After drafting the processes, it must be -------(117)------ by the lawyer, except the witness statements on oath which will be signed/sworn to ------(118)----.
The process is then taken to the Court for filing. The filing is done at the ------(119)-----. The Registrar confirms the processes and then initial on it and thereafter ------(120)----- the processes to determining the amount to be paid as -----(121)----. The Registrar on confirming payment stamps the processes and allots a ----(122)---- Number to the case.
During your externship in the law firm of J.T. Ayodele & Co., Chief Olu Enoch instructed your Principal, Mr. J.T. Ayodele, SAN to file an election petition on his behalf. Chief Enoch contested the recent Senatorial election held in Oyo State as the platform of Mass Action Party (MAP) against Dr. Tola Yori of Democratic People’s Congress Party (DPCP). The election was held on June 14, 2016 and the result was declared on June 15, 2016, with Dr. Tola as the winner.
125. Mr. Ayodele sought to know what time limit the Tribunal has to deliver its judgment in the case, counting from when the petition was filed?
126. Chief Enoch’s grounds for the petition are underlisted. Which of them is not tenable?
127. Your Principal did not advise his client, Chief Enoch to attempt ADR before filing the petition because:
Mr. Atanga Bulus was a judgment debtor in a declaratory judgment before the Lagos State High Court. Dissatisfied with the judgment he filed ------(128)------- at the ----(129)---. He wanted the status quo to be maintained pending appeal and consequent;y filed an application for -----(13O)---- before -----(131)----. The judgment creditor opposed the application by filing -----(132)------.
133. Where the court makes no order as to costs, it means:
134. An application for enforcement of fundamental rights may be brought by ---
135. Questions as to whether the seat of a member of the National Assembly has become vacant or has ceased are determined by:
136. A voluntary union for life of one man and one woman to the exclusion of all others is:
137. When does a person become a statutory tenant?
138. While appeal is concerned with the correctness of the decision on merit, judicial review is concerned with --------
139. An application for stay of execution is only necessary in the following instances except -----
141. A court can set aside its own judgment suo moto or on application in the following instances except:
142. The time for appealing against an interlocutory judgment is within -------
143. Execution shall be between the hours of --------------------------------
144. If a judgment has been obtained by the Magistrate Court, what court has the power to issue execution processes against the immovable property of the judgment debtor?
146.The sale shall be between the hours of --------
147. An appeal is not a ----- but a ------ of the case.
148. An appeal from the Magistrate Court to the High Court is commenced by the appellant filing in the lower court and serving on the respondent a Notice of Appeal within --------- days of the decision complained of.
149. Mesne profits begins to run from what time?
150. As regards the cessation or vacancy of the term of office of the President or Vice President, what court is vested with the exclusive jurisdiction over such questions?
1. The undefended list procedure in Abuja is commenced by filing:
Mr. A.A. John was sued by Chief (Mrs) Jamiu in the High Court of FCT Abuja, for the declaration of title to a piece of land situate at Garki District, Abuja. After the service of the process on the defendant, he failed to engage a lawyer or appear in court. After three months, he engaged a counsel to represent him in court.
3. Since the defendant was unable to file his defence within time, the plaintiff is entitled to:
4. What first step should counsel take on behalf of Mr. A.A. John?
5. Assuming Mr. A.A. John engaged a counsel within the time stipulated by the rules, what first step should the counsel take on behalf of the defendant?
6. All but one of the following is correct
Madam Sanni, the landlady of the building situate at No. 10 Fayemi Street, Onikan, Lagos which was let to Bold Property LTD under a yearly tenancy which commenced on the 1st of January 2010 at the rate of 10 Million NGN per annum. The last rent paid by the company was in respect of year 2017. You have now been briefed by Madam Sanni to recover the premises from the company
8. The most appropriate mode of enforcing the judgment in this case will be by
9. The following matters may be considered by the court at a Case Management Conference except:
10. Once a court has pronounced a consent judgment as its judgment in a case, what is the implication?
11. One of the following cannot be compelled to give evidence in court.
12. The defendant will address the court first:
13. If a plaintiff and his counsel were absent on the date fixed for Case Management Conference, which of the following steps can be properly taken by the court?
14. Where the Defendant only enters appearance and refuses to file his defence, what step would the plaintiff take?
15. All but one of the following is done in a summary judgment procedure:
16. In actions begun by Originating Summons or Originating Motions, what serves the purpose of pleadings?
17. Where the pleadings of the plaintiff fail to disclose reasonable cause of action, what should the defendant’s counsel apply for?
18. At a hearing, before a receipt for medical bills produced by a point of sale (POS) machine can be tendered, the following must be established in accordance with the provisions of Section 84(2) except:
19. All but one of the following is correct about an affidavit
20. Which of the following is not a valid judgment under the Constitution?